Elderly pedestrian seriously hurt in Carlisle road crash
Last updated at 08:10, Monday, 09 April 2012
An elderly man suffered serious leg injuries when he was hit by a car in Carlisle today.
The pedestrian, who is in his 70s, was struck by a silver Volkswagen on Eastern Way near the police headquarters at Durranhill.
The injured man was taken to the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle. His condition is not known but his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
The car was driven by a Carlisle man who was uninjured.
Police closed the road following the accident at 5.50am.
First published at 07:26, Monday, 09 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (44 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years