Elderly motorist victim of road rage attack, say Cumbria police
Last updated at 11:53, Tuesday, 11 February 2014
An elderly motorist was subjected to a suspected road rage attack.
The man was driving along Gote Road in Cockermouth towards the A595 at around 2.30pm yesterday.
He attempted to turn right into the Hames Hall residential home and occupied the middle lane when a motorcyclist drove alongside him and bashed on his window, police say.
The driver stopped and the biker opened his door and shouted at him before hitting the wing mirror with his fist, breaking it.
The motorcyclist’s registration plate was similar to S520. Call police on 101.
First published at 11:39, Tuesday, 11 February 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (18 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)