EastEnder Jake takes a Lakeland cruise
Last updated at 09:51, Saturday, 19 July 2014
Soap star Jake Wood made the trip to Cumbria to sample one of its most popular attractions.
Jake, who plays Max Branning in EastEnders, made the trip to Cumbria on Thursday and took a cruise on the Ullswater Steamer, Lady of the Lake.
The Walford star boarded at Glenridding pier, near Penrith with his friend, got off at Howtown and then took a walk back.
However, there were no sandwich stops, as poor Jake left his rucksack on the boat, including his supplies.
Rachel Bell, marketing and events manager for Ullswater Steamers, said: “He popped into the pier house because he had left his rucksack, and he said he was gutted because he was looking forward to his sausage roll. He was a really nice guy though.”
Jake joined EastEnders in 2006 and his character has been most known for his womanising ways and for being a lucrative entrepreneur.
He has reportedly been spotted numerous times at the Steamer’s sister attraction, the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway, in the past.
He later tweeted a picture of himself on the fells and declared his love for the Lakes.
First published at 09:47, Saturday, 19 July 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (20 comments)
- Cumbria police to use drones to help tackle crime (21 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (114 comments)
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (6 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (31 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (18 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (44 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (57 comments)