Drunken 'neanderthal' assaulted girlfriend's parents
Published at 15:54, Friday, 04 April 2014
A “neanderthal” who burst into a house in the middle of the night looking for his girlfriend after a drunken row went on to assault both her mother and her father, a court heard.
Stuart Hunton, 29, went to Robin and Yvonne Evans’s house in Workington because he knew his partner Joanne – their daughter – had gone there after falling out with him on a New Year’s Eve night out.
When he got there he was so desperate to get up the stairs to find her that he twice shoved her father out of the way and trod on him as he lay on the floor in the hall.
And then, when he went up to search the bedrooms for her, he nearly threw Mrs Evans down the stairs after meeting her on the landing.
At Carlisle Crown Court, Hunton, of Iredale Crescent, Workington, pleaded guilty to common assaults on both of them.
Judge Paul Batty QC, who described Hunton's behaviour as “positively Neanderthal", sentenced him to four months in prison, suspended for two years and ordered him to do 150 hours unpaid community work. He must also pay Mrs Evans £250 compensation for her “bruises, upset and fear”.
He was also put under a year’s probation supervision and ordered to undergo alcohol rehabilitation.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle McVitie's staff reject changes to working conditions (72 comments)
- Starlings in Carlisle city centre causing major problems (50 comments)
- 15 people transferred after major incident at north Cumbrian hospitals (100 comments)
- Woods used by 'unsavoury' men for sex chopped down (93 comments)
- Carlisle residents vow to nab speeding drivers (38 comments)
- Unpaid overtime at Cumbrian hospitals rockets (22 comments)
- St Bees School to close (134 comments)
- Battle to recover £500,000 in unpaid council tax in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Row after Cumbrian school refuses to host nuclear meeting (47 comments)
- Carlisle wine shop to close (28 comments)
- Anger over new LED street lighting in Carlisle (60 comments)
Court & crime
- Laying charges at hospital doors (2 comments)
- Looks like Yorkshire made a mi-steak with Jeremy Clarkson (6 comments)
- It’s just the ticket (2 comments)
- Why Brampton-on-Sea doesn’t float my boat
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|