Driver unhurt after car flips onto roof in west Cumbria
Published at 16:47, Thursday, 31 January 2013
A young motorist had a lucky escape after his car dramatically overturned this afternoon.
A Vauxhall Corsa - being driven by a 17-year-old youth - flipped onto its roof on Cleator Moor Road, close to the entrance to Whitehaven School.
The incident happened at 3.10pm, just before the school finished, and neither the driver nor any passers-by were hurt in the incident.
The road was partially closed as the emergency services worked to clear the scene, on the junction of Cleator Moor Road and Queens Close.
Engineers also attended to make the scene safe as the car had struck an electricity box.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|