Driver unhurt after car flips onto roof in west Cumbria
Published at 16:47, Thursday, 31 January 2013
A young motorist had a lucky escape after his car dramatically overturned this afternoon.
A Vauxhall Corsa - being driven by a 17-year-old youth - flipped onto its roof on Cleator Moor Road, close to the entrance to Whitehaven School.
The incident happened at 3.10pm, just before the school finished, and neither the driver nor any passers-by were hurt in the incident.
The road was partially closed as the emergency services worked to clear the scene, on the junction of Cleator Moor Road and Queens Close.
Engineers also attended to make the scene safe as the car had struck an electricity box.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)