Driver in serious condition after crash
Last updated at 17:20, Saturday, 17 March 2012
A man has suffered serious injuries in a crash that shut a major road
The 34-year-old was taken to hospital following a smash involving a lorry and a Land Rover Defender at 9.15am today.
It happened on the A75, about two miles west of Annan.
Police said the injured man, described as being "local", was taken to the Southern General Hospital in Glasgow. His condition was said to be "serious".
A spokesman for Dumfries and Galloway Police said: "Inquiries into the crash are ongoing and a full crash investigation is being carried out."
The road was expected to be closed for a number of hours. Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash to get in touch on 0845 600 5701.
First published at 10:19, Saturday, 17 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)