Driver in serious condition after crash
Last updated at 17:20, Saturday, 17 March 2012
A man has suffered serious injuries in a crash that shut a major road
The 34-year-old was taken to hospital following a smash involving a lorry and a Land Rover Defender at 9.15am today.
It happened on the A75, about two miles west of Annan.
Police said the injured man, described as being "local", was taken to the Southern General Hospital in Glasgow. His condition was said to be "serious".
A spokesman for Dumfries and Galloway Police said: "Inquiries into the crash are ongoing and a full crash investigation is being carried out."
The road was expected to be closed for a number of hours. Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash to get in touch on 0845 600 5701.
First published at 10:19, Saturday, 17 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|