Driver in serious condition after crash
Last updated at 17:20, Saturday, 17 March 2012
A man has suffered serious injuries in a crash that shut a major road
The 34-year-old was taken to hospital following a smash involving a lorry and a Land Rover Defender at 9.15am today.
It happened on the A75, about two miles west of Annan.
Police said the injured man, described as being "local", was taken to the Southern General Hospital in Glasgow. His condition was said to be "serious".
A spokesman for Dumfries and Galloway Police said: "Inquiries into the crash are ongoing and a full crash investigation is being carried out."
The road was expected to be closed for a number of hours. Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash to get in touch on 0845 600 5701.
First published at 10:19, Saturday, 17 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dozens of operations cancelled at Carlisle hospital (25 comments)
- Huge potholes making Cumbrian residents' lives a misery (18 comments)
- Cumbria police must have redesign to survive (12 comments)
- Carlisle shop for sale with warning not to tell staff (21 comments)
- Wealthy peer funds Labour to help unseat Tories in Carlisle (46 comments)
- Cumbrian postcode with fewest burglaries revealed (7 comments)
- Dog suffers horrific injuries in attack on Carlisle street (23 comments)
- Cumbria crime panel backs council tax increase plan (15 comments)
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (14 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|