Driver in serious condition after crash
Last updated at 17:20, Saturday, 17 March 2012
A man has suffered serious injuries in a crash that shut a major road
The 34-year-old was taken to hospital following a smash involving a lorry and a Land Rover Defender at 9.15am today.
It happened on the A75, about two miles west of Annan.
Police said the injured man, described as being "local", was taken to the Southern General Hospital in Glasgow. His condition was said to be "serious".
A spokesman for Dumfries and Galloway Police said: "Inquiries into the crash are ongoing and a full crash investigation is being carried out."
The road was expected to be closed for a number of hours. Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash to get in touch on 0845 600 5701.
First published at 10:19, Saturday, 17 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (103 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (16 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (12 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (169 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (37 comments)
- We ARE talking to a billionaire say Carlisle Utd owners (31 comments)
- State-of-the-art buses in Carlisle blasted by passengers
- Vulcan bomber thrills crowds at Carlisle fly past (6 comments)
- Cumbrian couple's wedding to be one in a Minion (5 comments)