Driver arrested after car crashes into Cumbrian house
Published at 10:10, Tuesday, 12 February 2013
A car crashed through a garden wall and into a house.
Its driver was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following the smash in Egremont last night.
Police said a Daewoo collided with a garden wall and crashed into the house on Croadalla Avenue at about 8.20pm.
Officers added there was no structural damage to the house, which is understood to have been empty at the time.
The driver, a woman in her thirties from Egremont, was in custody today. She was not seriously injured in the collision.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's homeless surviving on £1 microwave meals (48 comments)
- Cumbrian beaches fail water quality tests (2 comments)
- Carlisle singer's group Collabro are Britain's Got Talent favourites (23 comments)
- Traffic concerns delay decision on new Carlisle supermarket (26 comments)
- 'Good' Carlisle primary school in special measures (35 comments)
- Plan to reshuffle junior football in Carlisle (4 comments)
- Microwave ready meals plan for north Cumbrian hospitals (24 comments)
- Carlisle kerbside recycling to be stepped up (9 comments)
- Scottish independence would lead to passport checks at Border, confirms minister (42 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|