Dressing gown photo sparks Cumbrian search
Last updated at 12:14, Friday, 08 February 2013
A woman who dashed across a road in her dressing gown and slippers to take a photograph prompted a large-scale search involving police, the coastguard and air and mountain rescue teams.
Cumbria Police received a concerned call from a member of the public just after 8am yesterday to say the woman was running towards the beach at Aldingham near Barrow.
Officers including dog handlers were sent to find the woman.
The hunt was stepped up as they found no sign of the woman in the secluded location. The officer leading the search, Inspector Kevin Spedding, issued an appeal for her to come forward.
Soon after the woman contacted the inspector via his Twitter account and also Cumbria Constabulary’s Twitter page to confirm the woman in question was her.
Mr Spedding said: “There was a perfectly innocent explanation. However, we are grateful to the members of the public who alerted us.”
First published at 12:12, Friday, 08 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|