Dogs rescued from shed blaze by Cumbrian firefighters
Last updated at 12:54, Wednesday, 13 February 2013
Six dogs were saved after firefighters stopped a blaze spreading to their kennels.
It is believed that an electric heater had caught fire inside a tool shed, in the grounds of a property in Rosehill, Whitehaven, in the early hours of this morning.
The owners were woken by the sound of popping, and saw the fire. Fire crews from Whitehaven were called to the incident at about 3.30am, and spent about 30 minutes fighting the fire.
A fire service spokesman said: “They were very lucky, because there was a heating boiler and another structure right next to the tool shed, and behind it were dog kennels with six dogs inside.
“The owners heard the popping, which could have been aerosol cans or timber, or even the tyres on a ride-on lawn mower inside.”
First published at 12:41, Wednesday, 13 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (22 comments)
- Cumbria police to use drones to help tackle crime (21 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (118 comments)
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (7 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (31 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (19 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (44 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (58 comments)