X

Cookies

Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Sunday, 05 July 2015

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Dogs rescued from shed blaze by Cumbrian firefighters

Six dogs were saved after firefighters stopped a blaze spreading to their kennels.

It is believed that an electric heater had caught fire inside a tool shed, in the grounds of a property in Rosehill, Whitehaven, in the early hours of this morning.

The owners were woken by the sound of popping, and saw the fire. Fire crews from Whitehaven were called to the incident at about 3.30am, and spent about 30 minutes fighting the fire.

A fire service spokesman said: “They were very lucky, because there was a heating boiler and another structure right next to the tool shed, and behind it were dog kennels with six dogs inside.

“The owners heard the popping, which could have been aerosol cans or timber, or even the tyres on a ride-on lawn mower inside.”

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

News & Star What's On search





Vote

Is enough being done to save the honeybee?

No. And it is a vital part of Britain's eco-system too

We are taking steps and there is only so much we can do

It is survival of the fittest and we should not interfere with nature

Show Result

Hot jobs
Scan for our iPhone and Android apps
Search for:
NEWS & STAR ON: