DJ's desperate plea to get records back
Published at 11:37, Monday, 10 February 2014
A DJ has issued a desperate plea for help in tracking down a box of almost 100 vinyl records.
Mike Yates, 34, of Fusehill Street in the centre of Carlisle, lost the box of 12-inch records more than a week ago and there has been no sign of them since.
He has been DJing for nearly 15 years and amassed hundreds of records.
“I was in town on Friday January 31, doing a regular DJ set,” Mike explained. “I got a taxi from the rank on Warwick Road at about 4.30am to 4.45am.
“I was with three friends and so I put my record box in the boot of the taxi... but when I got out I left them.”
He continued: “I didn’t even realise until the next day and I have visited the taxi rank and asked around, but no one has my records.”
Mike says the records in the box would be worth £800 to £900 all together, but there are several “limited edition” vinyls which he fears would cost him far more to replace.
“It would cost me triple what I paid,” he said.
Mike says the taxi was a white saloon car.
“Not many people use the boot of a taxi, especially if they’re just getting a taxi in the city, so I’m hoping the box might even still be in the boot,” he said.
“I would ask all taxi drivers to please check.”
Mike has a monthly DJ slot at the Brickyard, and is hoping to get his collection back before his next gig.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (31 comments)
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (45 comments)
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (106 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (17 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (12 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|