Disqualified drink-driver who crashed car jailed
Last updated at 19:38, Tuesday, 19 August 2014
A disqualified driver has been jailed for 120 days after taking a car and crashing when over the drink-drive limit.
West Cumbria magistrates told Christopher Weston, 29, of Bolton Street, Workington, that they were jailing him because the incident was so serious and he had a history of similar offences.
Weston was jailed for 120 days after admitting taking a Vauxhall Vectra without the owner’s consent.
He was sentenced to 80 days – to run concurrently – after being found to be more than twice the legal drink-drive limit. He also received 80 days – to run concurrently – for driving while disqualified.
He also admitted driving without insurance. He was disqualified for three years.
First published at 19:37, Tuesday, 19 August 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|