Disqualified drink-driver who crashed car jailed
Last updated at 19:38, Tuesday, 19 August 2014
A disqualified driver has been jailed for 120 days after taking a car and crashing when over the drink-drive limit.
West Cumbria magistrates told Christopher Weston, 29, of Bolton Street, Workington, that they were jailing him because the incident was so serious and he had a history of similar offences.
Weston was jailed for 120 days after admitting taking a Vauxhall Vectra without the owner’s consent.
He was sentenced to 80 days – to run concurrently – after being found to be more than twice the legal drink-drive limit. He also received 80 days – to run concurrently – for driving while disqualified.
He also admitted driving without insurance. He was disqualified for three years.
First published at 19:37, Tuesday, 19 August 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle McVitie's staff reject changes to working conditions (76 comments)
- Starlings in Carlisle city centre causing major problems (54 comments)
- 15 people transferred after major incident at north Cumbrian hospitals (101 comments)
- Woods used by 'unsavoury' men for sex chopped down (101 comments)
- Carlisle residents vow to nab speeding drivers (38 comments)
- Unpaid overtime at Cumbrian hospitals rockets (23 comments)
- St Bees School to close (134 comments)
- Battle to recover £500,000 in unpaid council tax in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Row after Cumbrian school refuses to host nuclear meeting (47 comments)
- Carlisle wine shop to close (28 comments)
- Anger over new LED street lighting in Carlisle (61 comments)
Court & crime
- Laying charges at hospital doors (5 comments)
- Looks like Yorkshire made a mi-steak with Jeremy Clarkson (7 comments)
- It’s just the ticket (2 comments)
- Why Brampton-on-Sea doesn’t float my boat
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|