X

Cookies

Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Saturday, 20 September 2014

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Diner catches ecoli at Top Gear show

One person from Cumbria is recovering after contracting ecoli from food sold at a Top Gear event in Glasgow.

The person, who has not been identified, is one of seven diagnosed with the potentially deadly infection believed to have been linked to food sold at Glasgow’s Hydro concert venue.

The others include three are from Lothian, two from Lanarkshire and one from Glasgow.

Health officials say the cases may be linked to burgers sold at The Hydro.

Anyone who attended the venue between January 17 and 25, and who feels unwell, should contact their GP.

Symptoms to look out for include stomach cramps, diarrhoea (often bloody), nausea and fever.

The seven people who contracted the infection all attended Top Gear Live on January 18 and 19.

NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde said possible links to other food sold at The Hydro were also being investigated.

Dr Gillian Penrice, NHS consultant in public health medicine said: “Investigations are underway to identifyany common source.

“While there is no conclusive evidence, our initial investigations have indicated that there may be a link to the consumption of burgers at the SSE Hydro.”

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

News & Star What's On search





Vote

Cumbria could break hundreds of records but at what would we most excel?

Eating

Drinking

Complaining

Disappointing football

Show Result

Hot jobs
Scan for our iPhone and Android apps
Search for:
NEWS & STAR ON: