Delays after lorries crash on motorway near Carlisle
Published at 15:27, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Drivers faced delays today following a crash involving two lorries in rush-hour traffic.
Police said nobody was injured in the smash on the M6 near Carlisle but journey times were hit as emergency services dealt with the aftermath.
It happened at about 8.05am on the southbound carriageway of the motorway outside the city. The inside lane of the M6 southbound was closed this morning as debris was cleared from the road.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Government backs plan to divert traffic away from Warwick Bridge (26 comments)
- A595 is Cumbria's most dangerous road, police figures show (29 comments)
- Calls for action on future of derelict Carlisle hotel (38 comments)
- Improving A66 and A69 road 'very tricky and complex' says highways boss (48 comments)
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (62 comments)
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (50 comments)
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (116 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (36 comments)
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (17 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|