Daredevil Cumbrian TV presenter Helen Skelton in Strictly Christmas line-up
Last updated at 11:56, Saturday, 01 December 2012
THE new Strictly Come Dancing Christmas line-up has been revealed by the BBC – and it stars Cumbria’s all-action girl Helen Skelton.
Blue Peter presenter Helen, who hails from Kirby Thore in the Eden Valley, will be taking to the stage for this year’s festive one-off, along with other well-known people including Bolton footballer Fabrice Muamba, who suffered a cardiac arrest on the pitch just nine months ago.
Also trying their luck on the dance floor will be comedian Katy Brand, actress Sheila Hancock, entertainer Bobby Ball, and JLS star JB.
Helen will dance with Russian Artem Chigvintsev.
This year will also include The Strictly Allstars – nine contestants from previous series welcomed back on the BBC One show.
The Allstars will be made up by model Kelly Brook, who appeared on the show in 2007 but was forced to pull out after her dad’s death, runner-up in 2008, singer Rachel Stevens, newsreader Natasha Kaplinsky, who won the first series of the show, and TV star Chelsee Healey, who was runner-up last year.
The winner of the show in 2008, Tom Chambers, is also making a comeback, as is sports presenter Chris Hollins and Colin Jackson from the class of 2005.
Strictly faves Ann Widdecombe and Russell Grant will also be making a special appearance.
The usual line-up of Bruce Forsyth and Tess Daly as hosts and the current judging panel of Craig Revel Horwood, Darcey Bussell, Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli will be making their usual appearances.
Among daredevil Helen’s achievements are a tightrope walk at Battersea Power Station in London, and other charity fundraising efforts where she cycled to the South Pole and canoed along the Amazon.
First published at 11:34, Saturday, 01 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)