Dangerous driver failed to comply with sentence, Carlisle court told
Published at 12:51, Monday, 11 August 2014
A dangerous driver has been fined after failing to comply with the conditions of his sentence.
Adam Altham, 22, of Romany Way in Appleby, was given a suspended prison sentence in December after he led police on a high-speed chase.
This was in a car he had taken – while serving a driving ban – in the early hours of an October morning after he had been drinking.
As punishment Altham was given a total of four months in jail, suspended for 24 months, and was disqualified from driving for three years.
He was also given a community order, with 12 months’ supervision and 200 hours of unpaid work, a three-month curfew order, between 8pm and 6am, and an £80 fine.
He appeared at Carlisle Crown Court after he failed to comply with the conditions of his sentence twice.
He had not turned up to carry out unpaid work on June 1 and had not kept a supervision appointment on July 14.
The court heard that he made no excuse for not carrying out the work, and had been in Preston through his job as a steel erector on the day of the appointment.
Judge Barbara Forrester ordered Altham to pay a fine of £100 and £150 costs for the breach.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)