Cyclist flown to Newcastle hospital after A66 crash
Published at 08:05, Tuesday, 22 April 2014
A cyclist has been airlifted to hospital with head injuries following a serious road crash.
It happened on the A66 near Threlkeld - the second serious accident on that stretch of road in a matter of days.
The other saw passers by rescue six people - including a family of five - from a two-car crash.
The latest accident happened at about 5.40pm yesterday between the B5322 Station Road and A5091.
A cyclist - a 30-year-old local man - was in collision with a bus.
He suffered head injuries and was airlifted to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle.
The A66 was closed eastbound for just under two hours, causing congestion on the A66 and A591.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (22 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (44 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years