Currock residents urged by police to check for missing items
Last updated at 10:47, Friday, 01 February 2013
Police were today urging people in the Currock area of Carlisle to check their vehicles and outbuildings for missing items after a spate of suspected burglaries.
The police are keen for householders in Scalegate Road, Lediard Avenue and Henderson Road to get in touch if they notice items are missing.
A 34-year-old man and a 27-year-old woman have been arrested on suspicion of theft and were being questioned by detectives today.
Residents told police that they saw people climbing over fences when the alarm was raised at about 11.15pm yesterday.
Officers later discovered a large quantity of goods including tools, phones and a bicycle in a property in Carlisle that they suspect may have been stolen.
Detective Constable Mark Singleton said: “Enquiries are ongoing. We are appealing to residents in Currock, but particularly those who live in the close knit area bounded by Scalegate Road, Henderson Road and Lediard Avenue, to check their property.
“Please go and look in any sheds, outbuildings, cars or vans to ensure that you haven’t been a victim of crime. If our suspicions are right, there may have been some local homes or vehicles targeted overnight.”
Anyone with information should contact DC Singleton on 101.
First published at 10:32, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|