Currock residents urged by police to check for missing items
Last updated at 10:47, Friday, 01 February 2013
Police were today urging people in the Currock area of Carlisle to check their vehicles and outbuildings for missing items after a spate of suspected burglaries.
The police are keen for householders in Scalegate Road, Lediard Avenue and Henderson Road to get in touch if they notice items are missing.
A 34-year-old man and a 27-year-old woman have been arrested on suspicion of theft and were being questioned by detectives today.
Residents told police that they saw people climbing over fences when the alarm was raised at about 11.15pm yesterday.
Officers later discovered a large quantity of goods including tools, phones and a bicycle in a property in Carlisle that they suspect may have been stolen.
Detective Constable Mark Singleton said: “Enquiries are ongoing. We are appealing to residents in Currock, but particularly those who live in the close knit area bounded by Scalegate Road, Henderson Road and Lediard Avenue, to check their property.
“Please go and look in any sheds, outbuildings, cars or vans to ensure that you haven’t been a victim of crime. If our suspicions are right, there may have been some local homes or vehicles targeted overnight.”
Anyone with information should contact DC Singleton on 101.
First published at 10:32, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|