Cumbrian murder bid suspect in coma
Published at 14:10, Wednesday, 18 November 2009
A suspected knifeman was in a coma today after reportedly jumping from a second storey window following the alleged attempted murder of a woman in Penrith.
The 32-year-old was arrested by police before slipping into a coma after the woman was knifed at a house in Alexandra Road in the early hours of this morning.
Officers confirmed the man and woma, both of whom are Romanian, live at the house. It was unclear, however, what their relationship was.
The force said an investigation was underway after officers were called to “a disturbance” at the house at 12.30am.
They found the woman, 22, had been stabbed in the arm.
The man had suffered a serious head injury. Officers said this happened to him “after allegedly jumping from a second storey window”.
The man was understood to be conscious at first before lapsing into unconsciousness.
He later came-to and was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder. After this he fell into a coma after being taken to the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle.
The injured woman was treated at the city hospital before being discharged, said police.
“The man remains in a coma in hospital,” added a spokeswoman.
“Police officers seized a knife from the scene and the area was cordoned off while crime scene investigation teams investigated.”
Call officers with information on 0845 3300247.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)