Cumbrian women attack love rival and hack her hair to teach her a lesson
Last updated at 15:04, Wednesday, 18 December 2013
Two women attacked one of their friends and hacked her hair off to “teach her a lesson she would never forget” after they discovered she was having an affair with one of their boyfriends.
Emma Felton, 28, decided on the revenge mission after discovering 22-year-old Cassie Simpson had started a relationship with Steven Doble, who had been her boyfriend for two months.
She recruited Michelle Simpson, 31, to go with her because she knew Cassie Simpson had done the same thing with her boyfriend a year before, Carlisle Crown Court heard.
The pair were both given suspended prison sentences for what Judge Paul Batty QC, Carlisle’s Honorary Recorder, described as “a truly shocking” crime.
Felton, who used to live in Friars Road, Penrith, but has recently moved back to live with her parents in Shap, started threatening her friend in text messages then recruited Michelle Simpson to help “teach her a lesson she wouldn’t forget”, the court heard.
Michelle Simpson, of Brentfield Way, Penrith, then handed Felton the scissors, which she used to “cut chunks” out of their victim’s hair, he said.
Emma Felton and Michelle Simpson both pleaded guilty to causing actual bodily harm.
Felton, who has one child and is expecting another on Boxing Day, was given a two-year prison sentence, suspended for two years and placed under curfew from 8pm to 8am every night for the next six months.
Michelle Simpson was given a 16-month prison sentence, suspended for two years and put under an 8pm to 7am curfew for three months.
Judge Paul Batty QC told them: “This is a truly shocking case. You were determined to teach her a lesson she would never forget and I have no doubt she will never forget the punishment and degradation you inflicted on her.”
First published at 14:59, Wednesday, 18 December 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)