Cumbrian woman stole the day after being in court
Last updated at 14:54, Wednesday, 25 April 2012
A shoplifter stole from a Co-op the day after appearing in court on another matter.
Malcolm Dodds was defending Helen Asbridge at Carlisle Magistrates’ Court, where she admitted stealing toilet rolls and mushrooms from the Co-op in Brampton.
Asbridge, 33, of Main Street, Brampton, had stolen the items on Saturday, the day after she had been in court on an unrelated matter.
Mr Dodds said: “I honestly don’t know what to do with girls like Helen.
“She was in court on Friday and dealt with by way of a fine.
“Three weeks before that she was in court and given a community order. Whether or not the court has got to the stage now of saying ‘enough is enough’, I don’t know.”
Magistrates jailed Asbridge for 90 days for the theft.
They also revoked two previous community orders, and jailed her for 90 days for each of those offences.
The sentences will be served concurrently.
First published at 11:27, Wednesday, 25 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)