Cumbrian woman cleared of stabbing ex-partner in bottom
Last updated at 13:18, Saturday, 03 March 2012
A woman wept after a Carlisle Crown Court jury cleared her of stabbing her estranged partner in the buttock with a kitchen knife.
The court earlier heard Gary Woodward claim that 52-year-old Caroline Hodder deliberately injured him after he refused to help her prepare food for a christening party.
The jury returned a not guilty verdict on the allegation that she had assaulted him, causing actual bodily harm.
Miss Hodder said that Mr Woodward had been drinking and accidentally backed on to the knife while she was cutting up onions.
She told the jury the wound he suffered was not as bad as he had claimed.
At the time of the incident, in March last year, she and Mr Woodward jointly owned a bungalow in Kirkby Stephen.
First published at 09:04, Saturday, 03 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (22 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (44 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years