Cumbrian woman accused of stealing £90,000 from shop
Last updated at 11:53, Friday, 16 November 2012
A woman is to appear before a crown court judge to face charges of stealing nearly £90,000 from a west Cumbrian home improvement store where she worked.
Sharon Daly, 42, who has yet to enter pleas, is alleged to have taken the money from the Lakes Home Centre in Low Road, Cockermouth.
Magistrates in Workington heard a summary of the charges, which relate to offences which are alleged to have been committed on dates between February 2007, and April of this year.
The defendant, of Slatefell Drive, Cockermouth, faces 11 theft charges. The single largest amount involved £86,283, belonging to Lakes Home Centre, and allegedly stolen on a date between February 20 2007 and April 18 this year.
The remainder of the charges, relating to various dates, concern thefts of amounts of cash ranging from £103 to £502. The total alleged amount is £89,713.
Daly was granted unconditional bail, and told that her case must now be sent to Carlisle Crown Court for a hearing on December 17, when she will enter her pleas.
The Lakes Home Centre caters for the home improvement market, selling goods such as bathrooms homeware and lighting.
Two years ago, the Low Road business opened its second floor, unveiling its extended furniture and interior design section. The project was part of a £750,000 extension.
At the time, managing director Patrick Lister said:“We were affected by the floods. Luckily, we were able to open again shortly after.”
First published at 11:43, Friday, 16 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Lake District's World Heritage status bid moves forward (5 comments)
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (133 comments)
- St Bees School set to reopen next year (45 comments)
- Two new housing schemes tabled for Carlisle (17 comments)
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (34 comments)
- Cumbria's children's service still failing (42 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (104 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|