Photo pervert banned from public toilets for 10 years
Last updated at 12:11, Tuesday, 13 March 2012
A pervert who tried to take indecent pictures of men and boys in public toilets has been banned from public conveniences for ten years.
Carlisle Crown Court heard that Gary Flanagan, 26, who suffered a serious brain injury as a child, had pursued his unhealthy sexual interest for years and had downloaded child pornography on his home computer.
Matters came to a head when he visited a public toilet in Jane Street, Whitehaven, and used his mobile phone in an attempt to take a picture of a man in a cubicle.
Flanagan, of The Oval, Whitehaven, admitted a single count of voyeurism and 23 charges of downloading child porn. Prosecutor Alan Lovett told the court that there were more than 200 images, including some in the most serious category of depravity. Some images were videos.
The judge imposed a three-year community order – the maximum period possible, with supervision, and a requirement to take a sexual offenders’ programme.
He also imposed a Sexual Offences Prevention Order, preventing unsupervised contact with children without parental consent for five years and restricting his access to the internet. Flanagan must be on the Sex Offenders Register for five years.
First published at 11:30, Tuesday, 13 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (22 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (45 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- The country cures
- Swims aid new pool finances
- Son jailed for attack
- Car boot sale
- Band plays it again
- Shoe shop shortlisted
- BAE Systems ships at centre of dispute set to leave Barrow docks after years in limbo
- Santa makes light work of switch-on celebration
- Updated: Barrow drink-drive suspect bailed after crash between two cars and a cyclist on A590
- Barrow AFC announce 2015-16 season-ticket prices (3 comments)
- Drink blamed
- Cumbria brewery closed by rat infestation
- Massive cost of dealing with stray dogs in Cumbria revealed (3 comments)
- Barrow to hold its first Gay Pride night (43 comments)
- NEW WHEELY BIN SCHEME AIMS TO REDUCE WASTE
- Furness Academy: Group presents its findings after investigating attitudes to Barrow
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- FOOD REVIEW: La’l Churrasco, Ulverston (2 comments)
- Barrow man denies drug charges
- Barrow Raiders floodlight work nears completion