Photo pervert banned from public toilets for 10 years
Last updated at 12:11, Tuesday, 13 March 2012
A pervert who tried to take indecent pictures of men and boys in public toilets has been banned from public conveniences for ten years.
Carlisle Crown Court heard that Gary Flanagan, 26, who suffered a serious brain injury as a child, had pursued his unhealthy sexual interest for years and had downloaded child pornography on his home computer.
Matters came to a head when he visited a public toilet in Jane Street, Whitehaven, and used his mobile phone in an attempt to take a picture of a man in a cubicle.
Flanagan, of The Oval, Whitehaven, admitted a single count of voyeurism and 23 charges of downloading child porn. Prosecutor Alan Lovett told the court that there were more than 200 images, including some in the most serious category of depravity. Some images were videos.
The judge imposed a three-year community order – the maximum period possible, with supervision, and a requirement to take a sexual offenders’ programme.
He also imposed a Sexual Offences Prevention Order, preventing unsupervised contact with children without parental consent for five years and restricting his access to the internet. Flanagan must be on the Sex Offenders Register for five years.
First published at 11:30, Tuesday, 13 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|