Cumbrian nurse who had affair with patient struck off
Last updated at 13:21, Friday, 16 November 2012
A nurse from Cumbria who admitted having an affair with a patient when he was investigated over his relationship with a second client has been struck off.
Andrew Wilkinson confessed to the seven-month fling with ‘patient A’ after a second woman claimed she had been romantically involved with him.
Wilkinson was treating patient A for a drink problem while working for the Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Team (Dart) in South Cumbria at the time of the relationship during 2010.
Nursing and Midwifery Council panel chair Jacqueline Mitton said Wilkinson still posed a threat to vulnerable patients.
She said: “Although he has expressed remorse and regret, the panel was not satisfied that he has the knowledge and understanding to handle similar situations should they arise in the future.
“This was serious sexual misconduct.”
Wilkinson told the hearing: “It was a big mistake. I know it was wrong. I was very good at my job for 20 years, but this has ruined my life.”
First published at 13:19, Friday, 16 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|