Cumbrian murder bid man in court
Last updated at 13:20, Monday, 28 January 2013
A 71-year-old man has appeared before a judge today charged with attempting to murder his wife.
Norman Alan Pearson appeared at Carlisle Crown Court via a video link from Durham, Prison, where he is being held on remand.
He was arrested on Thursday, January 10 after an incident in which he is alleged to have tried to smother his 61-year-old wife Anne at their home in Dent View, Egremont.
Mrs Pearson was treated at home by paramedics and did not require hospital treatment.
At the court hearing, which lasted less than five minutes, Pearson spoke only to confirm his name and tell the judge that he understood what was happening.
He will be asked to enter a plea the next time he is in court – on March 18.
If he pleads not guilty his trial is likely to start on June 24.
In the meantime he was remanded in custody.
First published at 13:17, Monday, 28 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|