Mum hit son with golf club after he came home drunk
Last updated at 08:38, Friday, 15 March 2013
A mum hit her son with a golf club after he returned home drunk.
Police found James Hawman sitting on a floor bleeding from a head wound with a towel wrapped around his head
His mum, 52-year-old Julie Hawman, of Ellen Close, Wigton, admitted three charges of common assault – one on her son and two others against police officers – when she appeared at Carlisle Magistrates’ Court.
District Judge Gerald Chalk was told James had been out with his brother drinking. When they got back drunk, their mum lost control and hit him with the golf club twice.
When police tried to arrest her, she spat at one officer and kicked another. Police eventually had to use an incapacity spray to calm her down as she was arrested.
The crimes took place on February 27. Hawman will be sentenced in three weeks’ time.
First published at 08:36, Friday, 15 March 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle McVitie's staff reject changes to working conditions (76 comments)
- Starlings in Carlisle city centre causing major problems (54 comments)
- 15 people transferred after major incident at north Cumbrian hospitals (101 comments)
- Woods used by 'unsavoury' men for sex chopped down (101 comments)
- Carlisle residents vow to nab speeding drivers (38 comments)
- Unpaid overtime at Cumbrian hospitals rockets (23 comments)
- St Bees School to close (134 comments)
- Battle to recover £500,000 in unpaid council tax in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Row after Cumbrian school refuses to host nuclear meeting (47 comments)
- Carlisle wine shop to close (28 comments)
- Anger over new LED street lighting in Carlisle (61 comments)
Court & crime
- Laying charges at hospital doors (5 comments)
- Looks like Yorkshire made a mi-steak with Jeremy Clarkson (7 comments)
- It’s just the ticket (2 comments)
- Why Brampton-on-Sea doesn’t float my boat
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|