Cumbrian man accused of causing death of partner
Last updated at 12:33, Tuesday, 20 November 2012
A man has appeared in court accused of causing the death of a woman whose body was found in a lane near Kirkby Stephen in February.
John Trevor Dent, 49, was charged after his partner, 49-year-old grandmother Rose-Marie Valente, was found dead at Brough on February 27.
Dent was charged with causing her death by driving on the lane near his home in Swindale Grange, Brough, without due care and attention while he was over the legal drink-driving limit.
Dent was not asked to enter a plea to the charge during the brief hearing and will next appear in court on January 21. He was remanded on bail.
First published at 11:33, Tuesday, 20 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (18 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)