Cumbrian man still too ill to go back to Carlisle court
Last updated at 13:24, Tuesday, 09 October 2012
A man who had to be taken to hospital a fortnight ago after suffering chest pains before a scheduled appearance in front of a judge at Carlisle Crown Court is still too ill to go back to court.
Colin Robley, 61, of Tree Tops, Nenthead, Alston Moor, was due in court on September 23 to enter pleas to three charges he faced.
But he was taken ill shortly after arriving at court and had to be taken by ambulance to the accident and emergency department at the Cumberland Infirmary.
Robley was due back in court yesterday but was still not well enough to attend.
His barrister Tim Evans explained he had spent a week in hospital after suffering a stroke and was still too ill to leave his home.
“He has had considerable ill health involving his heart in the past,” he said.
The case was adjourned, this time until November 26, by which time it is hoped Robley will be well enough to be there.
The charges he faces are: handling a stolen air rifle belonging to Keith Leisk at Alston on April 1; producing cannabis, a class B drug, at Alston between January 1 and March 31; and possessing 630g of cannabis resin with intent to supply it on April 1.
First published at 11:26, Tuesday, 09 October 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (105 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (17 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (12 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (169 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (43 comments)
- We ARE talking to a billionaire say Carlisle Utd owners (36 comments)
- State-of-the-art buses in Carlisle blasted by passengers (6 comments)
- Vulcan bomber thrills crowds at Carlisle fly past (7 comments)
- Cumbrian couple's wedding to be one in a Minion (5 comments)