Cumbrian man still too ill to go back to Carlisle court
Last updated at 13:24, Tuesday, 09 October 2012
A man who had to be taken to hospital a fortnight ago after suffering chest pains before a scheduled appearance in front of a judge at Carlisle Crown Court is still too ill to go back to court.
Colin Robley, 61, of Tree Tops, Nenthead, Alston Moor, was due in court on September 23 to enter pleas to three charges he faced.
But he was taken ill shortly after arriving at court and had to be taken by ambulance to the accident and emergency department at the Cumberland Infirmary.
Robley was due back in court yesterday but was still not well enough to attend.
His barrister Tim Evans explained he had spent a week in hospital after suffering a stroke and was still too ill to leave his home.
“He has had considerable ill health involving his heart in the past,” he said.
The case was adjourned, this time until November 26, by which time it is hoped Robley will be well enough to be there.
The charges he faces are: handling a stolen air rifle belonging to Keith Leisk at Alston on April 1; producing cannabis, a class B drug, at Alston between January 1 and March 31; and possessing 630g of cannabis resin with intent to supply it on April 1.
First published at 11:26, Tuesday, 09 October 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|