Cumbrian man sexually assaulted sleeping teenager
Last updated at 10:34, Saturday, 17 November 2012
A Workington man who sexually assaulted a sleeping 16-year-old girl has been spared a jail term.
Stuart Gorman, 19, of Coniston Drive, assaulted the girl on four separate occasions between September 1 and December 20 last year.
Carlisle Crown Court was told yesterday that Gorman was a “troubled young man”. He admitted to police that what he had done was “utterly unreasonable”.
The girl, who reported matters to police, said she had felt “violated and worried” after what had happened.
Justice Rabinder Singh, sentencing, said: “You were, and are, an immature young man who is troubled particularly in relation to sexual issues.”
He imposed a 12-month prison sentence suspended for 12 months, a 12-month supervision order, a four-month curfew between 9pm and 7am.
Gorman must also sign the sex offenders’ register for 10 years.
First published at 10:16, Saturday, 17 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|