Cumbrian man seriously hurt after being headbutted by cow
Last updated at 10:12, Tuesday, 20 November 2012
A farmer was flown to hospital after being 'headbutted' by a cow at a livestock sale in Penrith.
The 46-year-old man, from Kings Meaburn, was understood to have been selling animals at Penrith Auction Mart, in Skirsgill, on Monday afternoon when the incident happened.
The Pride of Cumbria Great North Air Ambulance was called to reports that a man “had been crushed by a cow” at about 12.30pm.
He was treated at the scene before being flown to the Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle, with “serious” abdominal injuries. He was later said to be stable.
A spokeswoman for the auction house said reports the man had been crushed were incorrect.
“A local farmer was selling livestock in the ring,” she explained. “The animal had been perfectly quiet before, but just turned on him in the ring and hit him in the chest with its head.”
First published at 16:37, Monday, 19 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (5 comments)
- Cheapest fuel prices in Cumbria revealed (5 comments)
- Carlisle bouncers could get body-mounted cameras (10 comments)
- United Utilities outlines reasons for seven-mile Lake District fence (4 comments)
- NMP to be stripped of Sellafield contract - claims (23 comments)
- Carlisle Utd co-owner: fans threatened me with violence (11 comments)
- Tesco drops plans to build new superstore in Carlisle (37 comments)
- Crime less than fifth of all calls to Cumbria police (1 comment)
- New Ofsted report heaps more praise on Cumbrian school (13 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Fans petition Carlisle Utd owners to sell club (109 comments)
- Dog fouling crackdown gets under way in Carlisle (72 comments)
- MD Nixon: Last week was my blackest time at Carlisle Utd (45 comments)
- Labour’s all-female shortlist for Workington is boost for women - claim (42 comments)
- Grieving man’s call to ban dogs from Carlisle Cemetery (47 comments)