Cumbrian man dies in 'shed roof fall' tragedy
Last updated at 11:39, Saturday, 12 January 2013
A man from Workington has been found dead after apparently falling through a shed roof.
It is not clear how far he fell but police say they were called out at 6.25pm yesterday to reports of a sudden death.
A spokeswoman said officers were called to a farm on the outskirts of the town after a man in his 40s was found dead in an outdoor shed.
“He had suffered fatal injuries after appearing to have fallen through a roof,” she said. “Officers conducted inquiries around the scene and determined that there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death.
“His family have been informed and a file will be passed to the coroner.”
The police have declined to reveal the name of the farm where the body was found or the specific location as this would identify the man before all relatives were informed. The spokeswoman said that no further information would be provided by police because the “death is not being treated as suspicious and occurred on private land”.
A Health and Safety Executive spokesman said they were aware of the tragedy and had launched an investigation.
First published at 09:24, Saturday, 12 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dozens of operations cancelled at Carlisle hospital (25 comments)
- Huge potholes making Cumbrian residents' lives a misery (18 comments)
- Cumbria police must have redesign to survive (12 comments)
- Carlisle shop for sale with warning not to tell staff (21 comments)
- Wealthy peer funds Labour to help unseat Tories in Carlisle (46 comments)
- Cumbrian postcode with fewest burglaries revealed (7 comments)
- Dog suffers horrific injuries in attack on Carlisle street (23 comments)
- Cumbria crime panel backs council tax increase plan (15 comments)
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (14 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|