Cumbrian man denies threatening to punch woman
Last updated at 12:06, Tuesday, 17 April 2012
A 28-year-old man appeared in court via video link on charges of harassment and perverting the course of justice.
Howard Ashley Burns made a brief appearance before a judge at Carlisle Crown Court yesterday and denied three charges.
Burns denied harassing a woman by threatening to punch her and sending numerous text messages between Boxing Day and January 18.
He also denied having an article with a blade – a two-inch silver knife – with him in a Cockermouth lonning on Boxing Day and perverting the course of justice.
Burns, who used to live in Workington but now has no fixed address, was remanded in custody and is due to go on trial in mid June.
First published at 11:25, Tuesday, 17 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)