Cumbrian man denies sex assaults on schoolgirls
Last updated at 12:19, Wednesday, 05 March 2014
A 59-year-old man from Cleator Moor has gone on trial at Carlisle Crown Court accused of indecently assaulting two schoolgirls.
Michael White, of Trumpet Terrace, had pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Five of the alleged offences are said to have been committed against the first girl from when she was aged 11, while the remaining allegations are said to have started when the second girl was aged seven.
The prosecution outlined its case against White, claiming the offences happened in Cleator Moor in the 1970s and 80s.
The trial continues.
First published at 12:17, Wednesday, 05 March 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (20 comments)
- Cumbria police to use drones to help tackle crime (21 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (114 comments)
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (6 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (31 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (18 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (44 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (57 comments)