Cumbrian man denies sex assaults on schoolgirls
Last updated at 12:19, Wednesday, 05 March 2014
A 59-year-old man from Cleator Moor has gone on trial at Carlisle Crown Court accused of indecently assaulting two schoolgirls.
Michael White, of Trumpet Terrace, had pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Five of the alleged offences are said to have been committed against the first girl from when she was aged 11, while the remaining allegations are said to have started when the second girl was aged seven.
The prosecution outlined its case against White, claiming the offences happened in Cleator Moor in the 1970s and 80s.
The trial continues.
First published at 12:17, Wednesday, 05 March 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|