Cumbrian man charged with raping girl, 13
Last updated at 07:40, Friday, 15 February 2013
A man has appeared in court charged with 11 sex offences – including three counts of raping a child.
Tony McDougall, 24, of Moor Road, Longtown, did not enter a plea when he appeared at Carlisle Magistrates’ Court.
He spoke only to confirm his name, age and address.
McDougall is charged with three counts of raping a 13-year-old girl, and eight counts of intentionally touching a girl, aged 13, in a sexual way.
The incidents happened on various dates or over various time periods between January 1, 2005, and April 18, 2005.
McDougall’s case was committed to Carlisle Crown Court. He will appear there on March 4. He was granted unconditional bail.
First published at 07:38, Friday, 15 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (103 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (16 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (12 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (169 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (37 comments)
- We ARE talking to a billionaire say Carlisle Utd owners (31 comments)
- State-of-the-art buses in Carlisle blasted by passengers
- Vulcan bomber thrills crowds at Carlisle fly past (6 comments)
- Cumbrian couple's wedding to be one in a Minion (5 comments)