Cumbrian man charged with raping girl, 13
Last updated at 07:40, Friday, 15 February 2013
A man has appeared in court charged with 11 sex offences – including three counts of raping a child.
Tony McDougall, 24, of Moor Road, Longtown, did not enter a plea when he appeared at Carlisle Magistrates’ Court.
He spoke only to confirm his name, age and address.
McDougall is charged with three counts of raping a 13-year-old girl, and eight counts of intentionally touching a girl, aged 13, in a sexual way.
The incidents happened on various dates or over various time periods between January 1, 2005, and April 18, 2005.
McDougall’s case was committed to Carlisle Crown Court. He will appear there on March 4. He was granted unconditional bail.
First published at 07:38, Friday, 15 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle house could be demolished (18 comments)
- Plans for 100 homes in Cumbrian town set to be approved (4 comments)
- Carlisle mobile phone problems are priority, says Vodafone (32 comments)
- Six issues to fix Cumbria's healthcare revealed (9 comments)
- Thousands of starfish stranded on Cumbrian beach (11 comments)
- Takeaway boss blames council building site in Carlisle for lack of trade (24 comments)
- Row over Tory MP hopeful's election banner in Carlisle (62 comments)
- Airport road delays could last up to 18 months (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|