Cumbrian man charged with raping girl, 13
Last updated at 07:40, Friday, 15 February 2013
A man has appeared in court charged with 11 sex offences – including three counts of raping a child.
Tony McDougall, 24, of Moor Road, Longtown, did not enter a plea when he appeared at Carlisle Magistrates’ Court.
He spoke only to confirm his name, age and address.
McDougall is charged with three counts of raping a 13-year-old girl, and eight counts of intentionally touching a girl, aged 13, in a sexual way.
The incidents happened on various dates or over various time periods between January 1, 2005, and April 18, 2005.
McDougall’s case was committed to Carlisle Crown Court. He will appear there on March 4. He was granted unconditional bail.
First published at 07:38, Friday, 15 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle McVitie's staff reject changes to working conditions (63 comments)
- Starlings in Carlisle city centre causing major problems (50 comments)
- 15 people transferred after major incident at north Cumbrian hospitals (99 comments)
- Woods used by 'unsavoury' men for sex chopped down (91 comments)
- Carlisle residents vow to nab speeding drivers (38 comments)
- Unpaid overtime at Cumbrian hospitals rockets (22 comments)
- St Bees School to close (134 comments)
- Battle to recover £500,000 in unpaid council tax in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Row after Cumbrian school refuses to host nuclear meeting (47 comments)
- Carlisle wine shop to close (28 comments)
- Anger over new LED street lighting in Carlisle (59 comments)
Court & crime
- Laying charges at hospital doors (2 comments)
- Looks like Yorkshire made a mi-steak with Jeremy Clarkson (4 comments)
- It’s just the ticket (2 comments)
- Why Brampton-on-Sea doesn’t float my boat
- More Anne Pickles