Banned from every pub in country after assault at birthday party
Last updated at 12:14, Tuesday, 13 March 2012
A would-be soldier has been banned from every pub in the country for assaulting a man who tried to stop him doing pull-ups on a chandelier at one of the Lake District’s top hotels.
Samuel Gordon Russell, 19, was at a friend’s 21st birthday party at the exclusive Merewood Country House Hotel, overlooking Windermere, when he got drunk.
When another guest tried to stop him, Russell pushed him against a picture hanging on the wall, cutting his head on the glass and severing a tendon in his finger.
The hotel was left with a £1,250 bill to cover repairs.
Russell, of Burneside, near Kendal, pleaded guilty to criminal damage and causing My Payne actual bodily harm.
He was given a 40-week prison sentence, suspended for a year, and banned from all licenses premises for the next 12 months.
First published at 11:30, Tuesday, 13 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (38 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (29 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (7 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (13 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (13 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (16 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (48 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (46 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (13 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- 'Boy racer’ doing 80mph before fatal crash, Carlisle court told
- HGV and driving instructor's car collide on busy Carlisle road
- Woman, 70, hurt as Stagecoach bus crashes into cars and building
- Four arrests after early morning Cumbria police raids
- Arrest warrant issued for market's Dutch cheese seller
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (57 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)