Banned from every pub in country after assault at birthday party
Last updated at 12:14, Tuesday, 13 March 2012
A would-be soldier has been banned from every pub in the country for assaulting a man who tried to stop him doing pull-ups on a chandelier at one of the Lake District’s top hotels.
Samuel Gordon Russell, 19, was at a friend’s 21st birthday party at the exclusive Merewood Country House Hotel, overlooking Windermere, when he got drunk.
When another guest tried to stop him, Russell pushed him against a picture hanging on the wall, cutting his head on the glass and severing a tendon in his finger.
The hotel was left with a £1,250 bill to cover repairs.
Russell, of Burneside, near Kendal, pleaded guilty to criminal damage and causing My Payne actual bodily harm.
He was given a 40-week prison sentence, suspended for a year, and banned from all licenses premises for the next 12 months.
First published at 11:30, Tuesday, 13 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (5 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (25 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (17 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (39 comments)
- Carlisle residents too scared to walk down road without footpath (20 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (53 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (33 comments)
- Call for action after crash at accident 'blackspot' near Carlisle (29 comments)
Court & crime
- Teenage motorist caught in Carlisle nearly three times drink-drive limit
- Carlisle driver so drunk he didn’t recall getting into car
- Carlisle man's £279 bill after damaging £29 pillow in police cell
- Carlisle arsonist told to expect jail for endangering her parents lives
- Party man left fighting for life after being stabbed in stomach
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Chef who hanged himself faced trial for four child sex charges
- Late show fells Millom
- Dalton zoo boss brings seasonal cheer with free admission
- BOMB TEAM CALLED TO SEASCALE BEACH
- Names found for the classmates of 1952
- Holker rock Blackpool
- Dowdales school
- Dalton zoo gets go-ahead to change entrance at its new car park (17 comments)
- Help your pet to enjoy summer
- Fire boss grilled over future of Dalton fire station