Banned from every pub in country after assault at birthday party
Last updated at 12:14, Tuesday, 13 March 2012
A would-be soldier has been banned from every pub in the country for assaulting a man who tried to stop him doing pull-ups on a chandelier at one of the Lake District’s top hotels.
Samuel Gordon Russell, 19, was at a friend’s 21st birthday party at the exclusive Merewood Country House Hotel, overlooking Windermere, when he got drunk.
When another guest tried to stop him, Russell pushed him against a picture hanging on the wall, cutting his head on the glass and severing a tendon in his finger.
The hotel was left with a £1,250 bill to cover repairs.
Russell, of Burneside, near Kendal, pleaded guilty to criminal damage and causing My Payne actual bodily harm.
He was given a 40-week prison sentence, suspended for a year, and banned from all licenses premises for the next 12 months.
First published at 11:30, Tuesday, 13 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)