Cumbrian man attacked partner as baby slept nearby
Last updated at 14:38, Wednesday, 19 March 2014
A 32-year-old man attacked his partner while their baby lay asleep in the room.
Anthony Blaylock started arguing with his then partner, Jenna Nattrass, before pushing her and lifting her up, spitting at her.
Carlisle magistrates’ court heard how the couple were arguing on December 21 when he was at her home and she asked him to leave.
Prosecutor Jane Mackrill said he refused and they started to argue, before he pushed her and she fell over a pushchair. He then grabbed her arm and lifted her up.
She said Blaylock, of Parkgate Cottages, Brampton, picked the baby off the sofa because the noise and shouting had woken him up. Ms Nattrass took the baby from him but told police “he would never hurt the baby”.
Blaylock, who admitted assault, told the court they were both “in an irate mood” and he thought she was going to hit him.
He admitted he shouldn’t have pushed her or spat at her, he said.
Magistrates gave him a 24-month community supervision order, and ordered him to pay £100 in compensation to his ex-partner. He was fined £50 and told to pay a £60 victim surcharge.
First published at 14:34, Wednesday, 19 March 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)