Cumbrian man at centre of attempted murder probe still critical
Last updated at 12:02, Tuesday, 01 April 2014
A man at the centre of an attempted murder investigation was still in a critical condition today.
Police said two men arrested in connection with an attack on the man had been released on bail as enquiries continued.
A 46-year-old man from Egremont was taken to hospital, after an incident that happened in Central Avenue in the town at about 1.35pm on Sunday.
The two men arrested were aged 57 and 17 and were held on suspicion of attempted murder.
Police stressed on the day of the incident that, despite reports on social media, there were no firearms involved, nor was there any danger to the general public.
The injured man was taken to the West Cumberland Hospital, Whitehaven.
Police continue to appeal for anyone with information about what happened to call 101.
Details can also be passed anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
First published at 11:27, Tuesday, 01 April 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (38 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (29 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (7 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (13 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (13 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (16 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (48 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (46 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (13 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (57 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)