Cumbrian man at centre of attempted murder probe still critical
Last updated at 12:02, Tuesday, 01 April 2014
A man at the centre of an attempted murder investigation was still in a critical condition today.
Police said two men arrested in connection with an attack on the man had been released on bail as enquiries continued.
A 46-year-old man from Egremont was taken to hospital, after an incident that happened in Central Avenue in the town at about 1.35pm on Sunday.
The two men arrested were aged 57 and 17 and were held on suspicion of attempted murder.
Police stressed on the day of the incident that, despite reports on social media, there were no firearms involved, nor was there any danger to the general public.
The injured man was taken to the West Cumberland Hospital, Whitehaven.
Police continue to appeal for anyone with information about what happened to call 101.
Details can also be passed anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
First published at 11:27, Tuesday, 01 April 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (8 comments)
- Cheapest fuel prices in Cumbria revealed (5 comments)
- Carlisle bouncers could get body-mounted cameras (10 comments)
- United Utilities outlines reasons for seven-mile Lake District fence (4 comments)
- NMP to be stripped of Sellafield contract - claims (23 comments)
- Carlisle Utd co-owner: fans threatened me with violence (11 comments)
- Tesco drops plans to build new superstore in Carlisle (37 comments)
- Crime less than fifth of all calls to Cumbria police (1 comment)
- New Ofsted report heaps more praise on Cumbrian school (13 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Fans petition Carlisle Utd owners to sell club (109 comments)
- Dog fouling crackdown gets under way in Carlisle (72 comments)
- Grieving man’s call to ban dogs from Carlisle Cemetery (47 comments)
- MD Nixon: Last week was my blackest time at Carlisle Utd (45 comments)
- Labour’s all-female shortlist for Workington is boost for women - claim (42 comments)