Cumbrian man accused of spying on women and girls
Last updated at 09:13, Saturday, 25 February 2012
A Carlisle man has been accused of fitting secret cameras in bathrooms to spy on women and young girls.
Mark Klein, 45, of Charles Street, appeared before the city’s magistrates’ court where he was charged with voyeurism and two counts of engaging in sexual activity with a 15-year-old girl.
Prosecutor Diane Jackson said the cameras were installed in the bathroom at the victim’s house, and in another property.
Footage of a number of women has been recovered. Some have yet to be identified.
Klein has denied the offences.
He did not enter a plea to a fourth charge of failing to meet notification requirements of a sexual offences order.
The case will have to be sent to Carlisle Crown Court so it was adjourned until the committal hearing on April 20.
First published at 08:55, Saturday, 25 February 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (5 comments)
- Cheapest fuel prices in Cumbria revealed (5 comments)
- Carlisle bouncers could get body-mounted cameras (10 comments)
- United Utilities outlines reasons for seven-mile Lake District fence (4 comments)
- NMP to be stripped of Sellafield contract - claims (23 comments)
- Carlisle Utd co-owner: fans threatened me with violence (11 comments)
- Tesco drops plans to build new superstore in Carlisle (37 comments)
- Crime less than fifth of all calls to Cumbria police (1 comment)
- New Ofsted report heaps more praise on Cumbrian school (13 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Staff devastated after fire destroys part of Cumbrian hospital (1 comment)
- Police warning of fishmonger scam
- Mercy plea from army bosses saves Carlisle soldier from prison
- Carlisle Utd on the brink of 'exciting' new investment (22 comments)
- Cumbrian woman banned from 45 shops after stealing £1 milkshake
- Fans petition Carlisle Utd owners to sell club (109 comments)
- Dog fouling crackdown gets under way in Carlisle (72 comments)
- MD Nixon: Last week was my blackest time at Carlisle Utd (45 comments)
- Labour’s all-female shortlist for Workington is boost for women - claim (42 comments)
- Grieving man’s call to ban dogs from Carlisle Cemetery (47 comments)