Cumbrian man, 71, charged with attempted murder
Last updated at 10:34, Monday, 14 January 2013
A 71-year-old man has appeared in court charged with attempted murder.
Norman Alan Pearson, of Egremont, was arrested on Thursday and appeared at West Cumbria Magistrates' Court in Workington on Saturday.
He was remanded in custody until January 28. The case has been sent to the crown court in Carlisle.
The charge follows an alleged incident at a property in Dent View, Egremont, reported to the police on Thursday afternoon.
A 61-year-old woman was treated at home by paramedics. She did not require hospital treatment.
First published at 10:22, Monday, 14 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (20 comments)
- Cumbria police to use drones to help tackle crime (21 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (114 comments)
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (6 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (31 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (18 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (44 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (57 comments)