Cumbrian man, 71, charged with attempted murder
Last updated at 10:34, Monday, 14 January 2013
A 71-year-old man has appeared in court charged with attempted murder.
Norman Alan Pearson, of Egremont, was arrested on Thursday and appeared at West Cumbria Magistrates' Court in Workington on Saturday.
He was remanded in custody until January 28. The case has been sent to the crown court in Carlisle.
The charge follows an alleged incident at a property in Dent View, Egremont, reported to the police on Thursday afternoon.
A 61-year-old woman was treated at home by paramedics. She did not require hospital treatment.
First published at 10:22, Monday, 14 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|